Forums General Forum New Video Chat Room Questions

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Profile photo of cutebutt cutebutt 1 week, 1 day ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ishitpants2
    ishitpants2
    Participant
    @Ishitpants2

I appreciate that PL has provided a new type of video chat room, could someone please provide some instructions on how to use it, or point to a site that does exp-lain it?

Specific questions:

1. Where are visitor names listed?
    2. How can one address a specific user in the chatroom conversation area?
    3. I got full access to the chat room without signing in to PPL. This seems to indicate that anyone can use the chat room, not just PPL members. The old room has me sign in. Doesn’t allowing anyone in seem pretty insecure for a site like this?
    4. How can one close off a video/audio feed from another user? For example, tonight (Friday) for several hours, someone has been in the chatroom running the most awful music — awful in that the sound quality is so bad the music sounds like bad noise. I can mute the audio, but the window stays open and wastes space.

Thanks for any help.

Profile photo of cutebutt
    cutebutt
    Participant
    @cutebutt

I asked #4 a while back and no one has answered me there yet.

Profile photo of chrisjamesuk
    chrisjamesuk
    Participant
    @chrisjamesuk

There is a message when you select video chat option that explains that it is a temporary arrangement while problems with the original application are sorted out.

Profile photo of cutebutt
    cutebutt
    Participant
    @cutebutt

I know this is a temporary chat room while the old one is being repaired, but the temporary one has many issues. These are what I and others have an issue with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.